Convert your microscope into a whole slide scanner. Work locally with your digitized samples or upload them to IKOSA PORTAL for smart image data management.
Retrofit your already existing analog microscope with IKOSA ISTIX to obtain high-resolution digital images of your microscopic samples in an easy and inexpensive way. Upload them to IKOSA for smart collaboration and automated image analysis.
The scanning and digitization of microscopy samples with IKOSA ISTIX.
Benefits of IKOSA ISTIX
IKOSA ISTIX is a standalone software based on Fraunhofer IIS’ technology iSTIX® that converts any camera-equipped* microscope into a manual whole-slide scanner. IKOSA ISTIX stitches individual fields of view into a single image with a resolution that is far superior to using low magnification objectives.
The user-friendly connection to your IKOSA account enables you to share your scans, annotate and label objects of interests, and apply image analysis applications based on artificial intelligence to your images.
Make the visual inspection tasks faster, easier and more accurate also for the ones who cannot afford very expensive equipment.
* If you require a camera equipment for your microscope, get in touch at email@example.com we are happy to provide you with a recommended model.
Retrofit your existing microscope
Easy, Inexpensive digitization
High-resolution image data
Easy connection to IKOSA PORTAL
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or Windows 10 (64-bit)
- CPU: 4 cores
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Disk: 250 GB (SSD recommended)
- USB 3 Interface (or similar) for the Microscope Camera
- Microscope camera with a global shutter (since a rolling shutter leads to poor stitching results)
Supported Camera Interfaces
- IDS uEye
- Basler Pylon
- Jenoptik Gryphax
- Resolution: 5 MP or higher
- Frame Rate: 15 fps or higher
The following camera models are recommended:
- IDS UI-3280 CP, 5MP, 36 fps, USB 3.0, Global Shutter, Sony IMG 264 2/3” CMOS
- Basler ace - acA2440-35uc, 5 MP, 35 fps, USB 3.0, Global Shutter, Sony IMX 264 2/3” CMOS,
- Jenoptik Gryphax SUBRA, Full HD, 30 fps, USB 3.0, Global Shutter, Sony CMOS, 1/1.2” CMOS
try for free!
You can try out IKOSA ISTIX® for free by downloading the demo version
IKOSA ISTIX® is not certified as medical device.
other ikosa solutions
Intuitive multi-user image data management.
Portfolio of ready-to-use automated image analysis applications.
Development and integration of individual image analysis applications.